A proud product of Atlanta Public Schools with a daughter currently in the school system, Andre Dickens is passionate about education. His goal
is to ensure that Atlanta youth are able to get the best education and achieve their true potential.
Here are just a few of Dickens’ accomplishments while serving on the Atlanta City Council:
- Led the charge to return ownership of APS property deeds from the City to the school system.
- Successfully created the City of Atlanta/Atlanta Board of Education Joint Commission.
- Primary Council man to help broker the APS/Beltine dispute. Voted against BeltLine budget.
- Hosts the Scholarship Academy and Fair at City Hall every November for over 500 high school seniors and juniors.
- Revived the City’s Youth Commission to give youth a voice to government.
- Sponsors the Teen “Midnight” Basketball League which started summer 2017 with over 120 youth participants.
- Required new school zone light beacons as a part of Renew Atlanta Bond projects.
SUPPORT ANDRE FOR CITY COUNCIL