As Atlanta continues to thrive, Andre Dickens is working hard to secure affordable housing opportunities for all. While on the Atlanta City Council, Dickens has worked to hold developers accountable by passing legislation that requires affordable housing impact statements for city land development.
Below is a list of what Dickens’ has done to fulfill his promise to Atlanta residents:
- Authored monumental legislation that requires any development receiving public dollars to produce affordable housing units.
- Dickens legislation has become the model an is law now for Fulton, Dekalb, Invest Atlanta, BeltLine, and APS.
- Created the fund and program to rehab senior homes along BeltLine Westside Trail.
- Passed legislation that requires Affordable Housing Impact Statements for all land developments.
- Co-sponsored legislation creating the $40 million Housing Opportunity Bond.
- As Community Development Chairman and Invest Atlanta Board Secretary, we incentivized over 2000 affordable units.