Every citizen deserves to feel safe in their homes and neighborhoods: Andre Dickens’ work on the Atlanta City Council is reflective of this point. By collaborating with the community and the police, Dickens is working every day for a safer Atlanta.
Here are just some of Dickens’ public safety achievements while serving on the Atlanta City Council:
- As 2017 Public Safety Chairman, Homicides down 33%, Violent crime down 12%, and Part One Crimes down 10%.
- Led the Public Safety Committee as we developed policy and improvements to Stray Dogs Enforcement.
- Co-sponsored “ban the box” legislation, which no longer requires applicants to reveal prior convictions on employment applications.
- Conducted monthly “Walk-n-Talks” with APD and community members to walk the streets preventing crime.
- Hosted NPU Public Safety leaders to the Video Integration Center to see how APD uses cameras.