The issue of transportation is top of mind for most Atlantans, and Andre Dickens is committed to improving the city’s infrastructure and connectivity. Improving Atlanta transit will require strong leadership, and on the city council, Dickens has already shown he is the right leader to do this.
During his time on the council, Dickens has:
- Chaired the Transportation Committee in 2018, focusing on increasing access and equity in transportation.
- Authored a resolution requiring a feasibility study for creating an Atlanta Department of Transportation. Results say we need one.
- Co-authored a resolution authorizing the City to coordinate MARTA tax and TSPLOST transportation project lists and plans.
- Authored a resolution to preserve the connectivity to Martin Luther King Jr. Drive after the Falcons Stadium Construction.
- Passed legislation after the 2014 snowstorms to involve Georgia Tech in efforts to review the City’s preparedness plan for natural disasters.
- Supported the Renew Atlanta Bond that has led to numerous street repaving and signal light improvements.
SUPPORT ANDRE FOR CITY COUNCIL